Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Taboo

Today we played Taboo in class.  I felt too nervous to play because I didn't want to mess things up for my team.  Our team name was the Ggguuuuhhh!! (Seriously).  We had a lot of fun while at the same time trying to earn extra credit points for our essays we just wrote. I have never played this game in a classroom setting and I feel like it's a good way to focus on vocabulary.  We get very competitive in class but it's all in good fun.  Some of the words we had to guess were hard and some we did not even know what they were.  I wish I would have given it a chance and tried to be the person that gave the guesses to my teammates.  I am proud that I participated in guessing the words and being the person that held the buzzer.  I am also glad that I got 5 extra credit points for a very fun class! Everyone is enjoying this nice weather and trying getting through these last few weeks of classes.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, it was a great way to focus on developing vocabulary skills. It was also a fun way of getting the class together and competing with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree that it was an enjoyable way to develop vocabulary skills and get the class together. However, I do believe one way of improving it would be to get rid of the words that are actually just famous people or places. Those words do not really help with vocabulary skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taboo was super duper fun. I didn't get up in class to play either because I don't think I would have been good at it and didn't want to mess up my teammates!!

    ReplyDelete